Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's Dad Strnad's Birthday!

Today is a joyous occasion of many sorts. First off, it's Cinco de Mayo (which I will gladly be celebrating at one of the few Mexican restaurants in Prague). But, more importantly,
It's Dan Strnad's Birthday!
Cinco de Mayo is lucky to share a celebration day with the best Dad that's ever existed. Because I can't be with him today (and buying gifts can be tricky...), I thought I would post him a little surprise Birthday Blogpost. 


I think it's officially safe to say you're an old man now, right dad? Just another couple years and you're legally considered a "senior citizen." How exciting! A whole new world of possibilities: discount dinners, movie tickets, entrance fees -- gosh, you'll be living like a king! But let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

You are the youngest "old man" I know. You're playful, quick to laugh, and probably the most devious (in a good way) and ornery person I know. You've taught me that taking yourself too seriously is a waste of time and energy (even though I still do this too much) because laughing at yourself is sometimes the best medicine. You still run or walk every day, ski like a badass, and hike around the open wilderness with a 65 pound backpack on like it's just another day in the park. One foot in front of the other, right? And even though your bedtime is somewhere around 9pm (on a good night) you're always up an at 'em, ready to greet the sun. 



Your youthfulness inspires people in a way I know you will deny. The second you start to laugh, others start to laugh too. Your laugh is absolutely contagious! It fills a room, and immediately makes everything lighter. Your desire to explore and learn is anything but old. You make people feel young right along with you, I've seen it. Poking fun at our friends who are usually too afraid to talk, making Mom and I scream and giggle while you squeeze our sides, playing pranks on your office mates. The list could go on forever. Besides the number on your birthday cake, there isn't a single old thing about you. 



So, while you're still young, feel free to eat all the German Chocolate Cake you want, poke a little fun at Mom and Ty, and just dance like it's your birthday. Because it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I love you!


P.S. Just in case you forgot how to dance, here's a little reminder to get yourself back in the groove :)


No comments:

Post a Comment